Boiler not firing, no ch or hot water now

Sponsored Links
can you turn heating off and just put hw on.
turn pump onto speed 3
is their any bleed valves on the pipe from the valve to the cylinder ? (top pipe)

how long is the boiler firing for ?
useally by now with the heat that far round system it would push air out and boiler keep running

Re the pump - I see what u mean, the arrow on the pump goes to the right, and this goes to a section of pipe that goes up and down. The up part is very short and comes to a knob on the end where it finishes, I unscrewee this, but nothing, no water, or air escapes.

Sponsored Links
that is a bleed valve. the top is a thumb screw.
it maybe the rubber out of the top is stuck, if you unscrew the brass top see if it leaves a rubber seal stuck to it.
or may be blocked in the hole useally a pin cures that. but not when it hot water as you then have to get the brass cap back on.

boiler still the same, couple of mins. I turned ch off as you said, however the radiator in the bathroom is on now, it's not hot but more than warm. Pump is on speed 3, was allready set on this.

Actually boiler not tripping out now, went off lady time and now came on by itself, though I have turned the temp for hit water to 85. Stayed on for less than a minute though.

sorry its the predicted spelling working wrongly, should have been ,
it went off last time and now came on by itself..So not tripping.
And I turned the temp for Hot water up to 85,

what on the cylinder stat ?
should be running for alot longer than that but now.
useally once you have the hot water past the pump and circulating its off like a roller coaster.

your is either badly airlocked or sludged up.
try putting the heating on.
what was the condition of the water in the loft tank when you drained the system and the water out of the draincock ?

I've put ch on, the cylinder top and bottom pipe are now quite warm, though only the first few inches or so, further up is lukewarm. The drained water was very dirty, though drained twice. The water in the hot storage tank looks dirty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back