boiler not firing up,

How do you work out the first guy was going to rip you off the fault was the gas valve and at £180 quid he was charging you less than retail for the valve.

Not everyone knows that these valves have removable solenoids and the part number is not readily avialable so he is not at fault there

And 60 quid to change one of those valves is quite reasonacle as the pilot supply has to be changed with it.

So the answer is in your reply, the first guy didnt know that these valves have removable solenoids and the third guy did, so i went with the third guy.

Lets put it another way, lets imagine :idea: that the first guy and the third guy both said its the solenoids that need replacing but the first guy is charging 240.00 and the third guy is charging 128.00 for the compleate job and they are both gas safe registered(which they where) who do you think i am going to go with? :confused:

Sponsored Links
How do you work out the first guy was going to rip you off the fault was the gas valve and at £180 quid he was charging you less than retail for the valve.

Not everyone knows that these valves have removable solenoids and the part number is not readily avialable so he is not at fault there

And 60 quid to change one of those valves is quite reasonacle as the pilot supply has to be changed with it.

So the answer is in your reply, the first guy didnt know that these valves have removable solenoids and the third guy did, so i went with the third guy.

Lets put it another way, lets imagine :idea: that the first guy and the third guy both said its the solenoids that need replacing but the first guy is charging 240.00 and the third guy is charging 128.00 for the compleate job and they are both gas safe registered(which they where) who do you think i am going to go with? :confused:

penfold321";p="1848562 said:
[quote="penfold321";p="1847596 ]

Lets be clear about one thing! the first engineer wanted to change the gas valve at a cost of 180.00 plus 60.00 for labour which was not the problem with the boiler.

So Agile i dont understand why you need to harp on about the first engineer.

You wouldn't get very far where i live because no one is going to pay you to just come out i mean come on they must be idiots where you live but hey if it pays your bills grab it while you can eh! Next year is going to be tough year.

In spite of your blatent denial above, the first engineer came out and CORRECTLY diagnosed the gas valve to be at fault.

I make it totally clear that we charge for diagnosing a fault before we go. That protects the customer from us overcharging to fix the fault. When we have been paid to diagnose the fault then its up to the customer to fix it himself, get someone else or accept our price to complete the repair. Usually thats just the cost of the parts.

As far as I can see you ripped off the first engineer if he was not paid for correctly diagnosing the fault.

Even the second engineer would have been ripped off if he had been able to identify the fault but he was so incompetent that he should not have been offering to come to you.

Tony

Lets put it another way, lets imagine that the first guy and the third guy both said its the solenoids that need replacing but the first guy is charging 240.00 and the third guy is charging 128.00 for the compleate job and they are both gas safe registered(which they where) who do you think i am going to go with?

While it is possible to replace the coil/s, it does not mean the fault will be fixed in every case. Having been down that road I would replace the gas valve unless you want to return to the replace the gas valve as it is the solenoid that sometimes kills the coils.

Sponsored Links
Agile";p="1850874 said:
[quote="penfold321";p="1847596 ]

Lets be clear about one thing! the first engineer wanted to change the gas valve at a cost of 180.00 plus 60.00 for labour which was not the problem with the boiler.

So Agile i dont understand why you need to harp on about the first engineer.

You wouldn't get very far where i live because no one is going to pay you to just come out i mean come on they must be idiots where you live but hey if it pays your bills grab it while you can eh! Next year is going to be tough year.

In spite of your blatent denial above, the first engineer came out and CORRECTLY diagnosed the gas valve to be at fault.

I make it totally clear that we charge for diagnosing a fault before we go. That protects the customer from us overcharging to fix the fault. When we have been paid to diagnose the fault then its up to the customer to fix it himself, get someone else or accept our price to complete the repair. Usually thats just the cost of the parts.

As far as I can see you ripped off the first engineer if he was not paid for correctly diagnosing the fault.

Even the second engineer would have been ripped off if he had been able to identify the fault but he was so incompetent that he should not have been offering to come to you.

Tony

lol... Agile you make me laugh, it's con artists like you that make people get central heating care from British gas i wouldn't pay you a penny to come to my door just to diagnos what you think is the problem! your a chancer! give any BS then start replacing parts until you fix the problem.

Another thing that makes me laugh about hypocrites like you, is that, your that busy diagnosing peoples central heating problems and getting "paid" for it, that you spend a lot of your time in this forum giving FREE advise lol... lol... loooool..... :LOL:

If your that concerned about the first engineer, you pay him!Whats that? i can't here you!

The fact that I can give free advice to people on a forum should enable you to see that I am helpful and that I dont rip people off.

I charge to diagnose a fault! I am not a parts changer! It has never happened yet but if I was unable to diagnose then I would not charge.

You, unfortunately, seem set to rip off two out of three engineers. But I dont work for customers like you who dont want to pay.

Tony

The fact that I can give free advice to people on a forum should enable you to see that I am helpful and that I dont rip people off.

I charge to diagnose a fault! I am not a parts changer! It has never happened yet but if I was unable to diagnose then I would not charge.

You, unfortunately, seem set to rip off two out of three engineers. But I dont work for customers like you who dont want to pay.

Tony

:arrow: :idea: :mrgreen: Now thats done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back