Boiler not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The flame comes on when I press the ignition. I've tried holding it for up to a minute before releasing the button, but then it doesn't fire up and the flame goes out. It's a Ravenheat boiler.

I just read elsewhere on the internet that if you give a Ravenheat boiler a good thump on the top right, it often solves the problem :eek: This actually worked! It fired up but then almost immediately went out again.

I'm waiting for a gas engineer to call me back but in the meantime can anyone suggest what could be wrong with it so that I have some idea for when someone comes. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler has a permanent Pilot flame, and this is what is not staying alight, this will be due to the failure of a fairly cheap gas related part,
a Service & new part will restore the boiler to working order

so to be vague, but we cannot give advice about gas related work on this forum ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back