Ravenheat not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? We have just had a Ravenheat CSI85T installed by my works plumber (also came recommended by a friend!). The plumber said the boiler fired up and oheated because the pump had ceased up, so he took it to pieces &"cleaned it". Then the pump started working, the boiler fired up for 5 secs and then cut out. Since then it has not fired up, the plumber is not accepting any responsibility (because the boiler is the problem and not his installation work!) and Ravenheat wont talk to us because we are not corgi reg!!!!Does anyone have any clues?

Sponsored Links
He is corgi reg & its not really on the cheap!!!!!!! So without paying someone extra for a second opinion we were wondering if anyone had any kind of advice!

Then get your CORGI installer to phone Ravenheat and ask what he has f***** up. If he has installed it he is responsible. Jees I wish I had a thick skin that would let me offer no customer after sales service :rolleyes:

but then I rely on word of mouth recommendations for my work ;)

Sponsored Links
If you supplied the boiler then he is right not to bother fixing it, however i dont see anyreason why you can not call ravenheat and arrange a warranty call (customer service, not technical) but beware of it is installer error then they will bill you.

If he supplied it then he should be doing everything to get it fixed!

Dave I have been looking at some of your replies to other problems on this forum. You are arrogant to other woman as well as me but yet have time for men!!! You are sexist & unhelpfull so save your time and dont post.

Even if I don't supply boiler (very rare and unlikely) I will always offer remedial work or advise at my normal attendance fees ;)

Thanks Rob, we supplied the boiler and they said that it was out of warranty because we bought it nearly 2 years ago! But they were prepared to speak to plumber! However he has not called them on our request so we are trying to find if anyone else has had a problem such as this so we can sort it out ourselve!

amy111 said:
Dave I have been looking at some of your replies to other problems on this forum. You are arrogant to other woman as well as me but yet have time for men!!! You are sexist & unhelpfull so save your time and dont post.

What a load of c*** you come out with! I am not sexist in the slightest. I am all for helping anyone, male or female, but what I object to is ANYBODY who thinks they are getting a good deal from an installer they choose through recommendation!!! then get no after sales service from the pr*** they employed.

You couldn't have got it more wrong about me. Most of my customers who are female recommend me to their friends!

You are short sighted, either point out the other replies to other females that you know are females 100% or go back to Greenham Common in your 2CV :eek:

Surely is from when its fitted? Did you tell them you bought it 2 years ago?

Your plumber doesn't sound too helpful, he should ring for you. All you could do is buy your own pump and have him fit it? Although i would still get on to ravenheat and just dont tell them when you bought it.

Dave,I am on here with a genuine problem for genuine ideas, not some smart answer like "get him back to call ravenheat". Quote from your reply to Mrs Mooman " get the yellow pages & get a repairer in" do you not think she knows that???? Do you not think we know that our plumber should have got it installed properly?? The fact is that we all dont have loads of money to call in professionals like yourselves to get charged if its something simple we can fix. We have no hotwater, CH and I am 5 months preg. I was just wondering again if any proffessionals have come across a problem like this before

I think you have a 'chip' on your shoulder. It was a genuine answer to mrs moomin to make sure she got a qualified repairer in instead of most of the unknown 'plumbers & heating engineers' in yellow pages!

Is it an unreasonble thought for you to ask the installer who fitted your boiler to come back to you. talk to Ravenheat and sort out the problem!

I think not :eek: I am always happy to go back to any of my customers, under warranty or not, paid or not, female or not, pregnant or not and help them out. I always fight the customers case with manufacturers if boiler is slightly out of warranty to get them a free repair, which I hasten to add usually is successful.

If I was your installer I would be round the same day to help you and sort out your problem and discuss with Ravenheat. But then that is what MY customers pay extra for and expect in return.

customer service is paramount and what keeps me busy, in fact too busy!

Did mrs moomin complain? No she in fact thanked me!!!!

As I said before you could not be more wrong about me and my professional ethics :mad:

Rob, We have been told that it should be from when it has been installed by other people too, but Ravenheat told us otherwise and when I look on the receipt it does say its only guaranteed for a year! We have decided that we are not going to pay the plumber who installed it until we find out what the problem is. Whether its the boiler or his installation!

Dave,The service that you have described is the service I thought i should get! I am not saying that you dont provide help to your customers, I am saying that you are not being helpfull to me by stating the obvious which came across as being arrogant(which was also confirmed by my partner & dad). We have tried to get him to phone ravenheat, we have done everything that common sense says apart from phone another plumber in to look at it as we cant afford one and they take ages to come out & I need hot water.

I was looking for technical advice to my original post above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back