Brand new Ravenheat csi85b trips out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new Ravenheat CSI 85 B T installed today. It worked for the plumbers who installed it - they left and went on to the next job.

My previous boiler (820/20) had finally given up the ghost after 15 years and this model was going cheap at Plumbase in Loughborough

So, the day went well. The plumbers left and I thought I'd give the system a check over.

My previous boiler was incapable of runnig a hot bath so I thought that would be a good test.

Half way though filling the bath the boiler tripped with the pilot/overheat light flashing. This fault quickly became worse and now when either DHW or CH are selected. The fan starts, the pump starts then after about 10 seconds there is a high pitched note and the boiler trips. As far as I can see the boiler never fires

I dont know how to tell if there is a spark but I'm in the area on Ravenheat's flow chart of the condensing sensor, air flow pressure switch and gas valve.

Ravenheat have got me pencilled in for a warranty visit on Friday - in the mean time it's cold showers and a wood fire for comfort!!

Can any one please help me to further isolate this problem so I can at least ensure that the Ravenheat man brings with him the most likely causes of this fault

Sponsored Links
Relax the Ravenheat Engineer only works on ravenheat Boilers, he will have every part possible on his van so he or she will fix it - just so long as the fault is not installation related unfortunately this is often the case! ;)

Ravenheat, groooooooooooaaaaaaaaan, how much warranty do they give for this model, till the cheque clears or do they manage 12months now.

Just thought I'd update this thread and close it.

Boiler installed Tuesday but crashed out after about 2 hours. Ravenheat man came on Friday. The problem was the control board. He had a spare in his van and quickly got it going. He was pleasant, thorough and professional.

These problems do often occur with complex electronics and are referred to as infant mortality. Most electronic components, if they are going to fail at all, do so in the first period after being switched on.

I understand that the components used in Ravenheat boilers are all imported and are the same as those used in other similar boilers. This accepted, why is it that Ravenheat get so much stick on this Forum?

Sponsored Links
One reason is they took three days to attend?

Any boiler PCB can fail during the warrantee perios.

however, all you have said implies they fitted the boiler in a shorter day so thye could go on to another job.

Thats means they did not do any power flushing.

It takes about two days to do a combi swap with proper power flushing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back