new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
F.A.O any decent boiler fitter, after my ravenheat packed in on saturday i got a corgi plumber, he said by the time i payed for all the parts it would be as cheap to buy a new boiler,so of i went,£575 later they started the job which was taking 3 year old ravenheat off and fitting new ideal isa24 he on to exsiting pipe work flu hole is already there my question is how long should this take?(2 men)

Sponsored Links
Hi Hard to say without being there but as a guess with flushing, fitting condense pipe, altering pipework,comissioning etc IMHO about 4 hours.

4 hrs at least for the powerflush alone, sometimes all day depending on how dirty/rads are involved.

Pete

Yes I agree if you are power flushing, but that is not what i was including, just normal drain and flush through with water is what i'm estimating time scale on.

Sponsored Links
I always allow one day minimum, usually 1 1/2 days for a job like this.

Unfortunately a 3 year old Ravenheat is better quality and more reliable than what you have just had fitted.

Out of the frying pan into the fire is what springs to mind :eek:

the 'beyond economical repair' on a 3 year old boiler suggests they've not a clue on boiler repair. suggest you get someone a litttle more adept in. this repair could cost you far less than a new boiler.

Thanks for all your quick responces,as for the ravenheat i can't believe i'v gone to a worst boiler because in the 2 years i'v had it they've been out to it 6 times and fitted new fan,stat,countless washers and fittings,ect,ect

i can't believe i'v gone to a worst boiler

you will. sorry to echo other peoples thoughts, but you've been taken for a ride. I would suspect the previous boiler was the victim of poor maintenance and repairs, and now you've ended up with possibly one the worst boilers on the market.

So you got a cheap boiler, installed by a cowboy.
3 years later, you find out that it is not reliable, so what do you do?
You get a cheap boiler and have it installed by a cowboy.
How long should the installation take? With this boiler possibly longer than it will take to develop the first problem.
Sorry, correction. Second problem; the first problem is that it is an ideal isa.
Just remember when you buy your third boiler in about 6 years, buy cheap, get cheap.

Average time for changing a boiler with small local pipework alterations why do you ask?.

I always allow one day minimum, usually 1 1/2 days for a job like this.

Unfortunately a 3 year old Ravenheat is better quality and more reliable than what you have just had fitted.

Out of the frying pan into the fire is what springs to mind :eek:

Indeed from a Ravenheap to an Ishit. Some people never learn. . . . :rolleyes:

i can't believe i'v gone to a worst boiler

you will. sorry to echo other peoples thoughts, but you've been taken for a ride. I would suspect the previous boiler was the victim of poor maintenance and repairs, and now you've ended up with possibly one the worst boilers on the market.

only possibly one of the worst boilers? Where does the uncertainty come from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back