boiler not reprressing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi he80

when the boiler is off its sits below .5 bar.

hot water and heating do work and when switched on the pressure rises to about 1.5 bar.

i have tried repressuring using the filling loop but its dosent seem to have any effect on it at all just stays below a bar never getting more than .5 when the boiler is off.

also we have the heating on full on the dial but the raditors dont seem to get very hot to the touch you can easyily leave your hand on them without having to remove it becuase it gets to hot.

any one got any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Check relief pipe for dripping outside. Most likely place that your pressure is going.

Chances are the expansion vessel is in need of recharging and the prv replacing.

i dont think there is any dripping

i will chack if there is whats the issue??

also how do you charge the vessel is it a plumbers job or can it be diy

When you open the filling loop, can you hear water going in? Does your loop have 2 knobs? Are you opening both?

Sponsored Links
Fill the system when it is cold, not hot. 1bar colp might reach 1.5 bar when hot. Maybe your mains water pressure barely reaches 1 bar on the floor level your boiler is on. Try filling it at 3am when the mains water pressure is usually higher.

and turn up the dial on the front of the boiler if you want the rads to be hotter.

When you open the filling loop, can you hear water going in? Does your loop have 2 knobs? Are you opening both?

there is just one knob and water is coming through its not got much pressure to the water though doesnt blast out

i know this as i turned the knob with the loop off to make sure it was working.

so what about the expansion vessel easy to refill??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back