Boiler not switching off in line with timer

Thanks have ordered one, when it refers to the orange wire in the wiring centre it that coming from the 3 port valve [some of my wiring has been extended so may not be original colours.]

Sponsored Links
yea its the orange from the 3 port valve with the cap connected across to neutral.

Found one of those (Honeywell 272848) next to hot water tank but can't find a second one?

Toggled the one I have to manual and back to auto to see if this makes a difference.

The second one will be there somewhere, its this one (the one you cant find) that controls your heating and is sticking, you gotta find it.

(Back to my original problem!)

Found the second valve. I took the motor off and checked the valve itself - moves pretty freely by hand (40 degrees or so). When I reconnected the motor and flicked it from auto to manual I couldn't hear the same whirring I heard when I did that with the hot water one, so my guess is that it is that the motor is dead and needs to be replaced. Does that sound right?

Thanks a lot for all the help so far by the way :D

You can buy a complete head for your valve as long as its got a dimple (pimple?) on the cover.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back