Boiler not working, some advice please...

The red pointer is the clue that shows where the black should be pressurised to.

Its surprising that you have probably lived there for some while but never known about the need to check regularly and keep that pressurised.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have done as instructed and got it to 1.5 bar cold. Turned boiler back on put heating on and hot water. Went round and bled all rads, got alot of air out with black and orange stained water. No noise so far so it's looking promising. Just need to see if it heats up now!

I have gone back to the pressure unit and got it back up to 1.5 after bleeding. Is this ok now, can't seem to get anymore air out yet.

Prob could do with some inhibitor, what is the best stuff to get please and where from at the cheapest price. Kevplumb, of course I would have mentioned it last night, had I have realised that it was relevant. I am doing my best! I'm just a girl! Thanks so much for all your help. Hopefully my girls will be warm now. Warmfront has a long waiting list apparantly and wasn't looking forward to a long cold winter with no heating! :D

Also learnt that I need to keep an eye on that gauge in the future! :LOL:

Gauge is now showing near the red one at just above 1 when I just checked it.

Could this be anything to do with the overheat prob if it wasn't pressurised enough before? Or is that just the Baxi Solo PCB being rubbish? The board was only replaced a year ago.

I'm just a girl! Thanks so much for all your help.

Its totally irrelevant if you are a girl ! Incompetent maybe, but thats nothing to do with being a girl.

You can also upset the girl engineers by saying things like that too!

A very low system pressure can cause it to overheat.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I am incompetent but then i'm not a plumber and only have limited knowledge so that is to be expected! All I meant was unless you are a plumber, be it male or female, generally people just know as much as they need to get by. So when experiencing a problem such as this, help is needed. I have asked loads of people that I know (who are pretty up there on the diy front) but nobody had the answer!

So all your help is very much appreciated - thanks all. ;)

Hopefully all my heating issues are now resolved.

Much better to ask somebody who knows the answer, partcularly when its free like on here.

Asking an average person in the street risks getting an unhelpful answer which could make matters worse if you then did the wrong thing!

Tony

Much better to ask somebody who knows the answer, partcularly when its free like on here.

Asking an average person in the street risks getting an unhelpful answer which could make matters worse if you then did the wrong thing!

Tony

You never know Tony, She may have asked me down the high street. :LOL:

I doubt that you would be an "average person in the street" in relation to heating!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back