Boiler odour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks i have a camray 5 combi sited in the utility room. the room always smells quite strongly of oil. I have checked it thoroughly for leaks, none found. I have carbon monoxide sensors in the room which do not detect anything (i Know carbon monoxide is odourless) so i am assuming combustion is as it should be. Any ideas as to why the boiler gives of such a strong odour, or any ideas on how to neutralise the smell. Any help most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
oil boilers wont give off monoxide,in quantity, or if they do, the flame goes out , well summit like that.

combustion leaks..from access plate, flue joints, or if low level discharge it could be blowing back.

oil leaks..check the ram on the riello burner, if its got a ram that is. if no leaks visible at all, then pump needs taking off and looking @ oil shaft seal.

clear as mud??

good. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
if you can keep it going...but surely will lock out way before then?

heres
one i did the other day, fortunately the test kit picked it up, before i went outside

:LOL: ;) :LOL:

wilhelm said:
heres
one i did the other day, fortunately the test kit picked it up, before i went outside

:LOL: ;) :LOL:

Looks like you need to adjust the air a tad m8

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back