Boiler or Airlock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gledhill condensing boiler GB15 and a BoilerMate OV A-class. Last Saturday and this Saturday there was/is no water (hot or cold) anywhere in the house including the loos except the mains cold water tap in the kitchen. Is there a problem with the boiler or do I have an airlock?
The only thing I had added to the system recently (December) is a mains TwinTec water softener.

Is there anything I can do?????

Sponsored Links
Sorry not trying to be dumb but how when they are all in the house, none in the loft. The heating is on continuous 17c.

Sorry not trying to be dumb but how when they are all in the house, none in the loft. The heating is on continuous 17c.

Pipes run up walls in the plaster and under floors.

Either way if you have water at the kitchen sink (where water enters house most likely) but no water anywhere else the pipes are frozen.

Since you have a boilermate there will be a mains cold pipe that probably runs upstairs to the bathroom and feeds the boilermate for hot water.
It is frozen.

Pipes froze to our downstairs bathroom last Dec 2010 and we had the central
heating on.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, is there anything I can do to stop it happening in the future?

(Apart from hoping we don't get anymore really cold weather)

Thanks, is there anything I can do to stop it happening in the future?

(Apart from hoping we don't get anymore really cold weather)

Find the pipe and insulate or reroute the pipework.

Be careful if it is the pipe that is frozen I would suggest switching off
the stop cock when not in the house. As a pipe unfreezes it can easily push
off even soldered fittings and flood the house in no time at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back