Worcester Heatslave highflow airlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the repeat post which was kindly answered as being a faulty tap, however I received a phone call from my sister this morning to satte the clunking noise was happening whe the bath tap was alo used(Hot taps only). This concerns me as even when I change the tap it would still clunk with the bath tap.
I originally assumed it was a normal combi boiler and therefore could not have an airlock but I now realise it may have an internal tank to feed the hot water. With this in mind could it have an airlock and if so how do I remove it????. Could I use the cold to hot water linking method using the washing machine hose???

Please see below my original post

I recently changed the bathroom sink taps for my sister. They were cheap mixer taps from BQ. Not realising she had a combi boiler I simply turned off the cold water at the mains fitted the taps an on then hey presto when finished and the water was switched on no hot water flowed from the new tap. I removed the tap thinking it may be debris etc and after a while hot water appeared.

I thought all was well until I recently visited and she said that when she first puts the hot tap on in the morning the water starts to come out then stops causing a clunking noise by the boiler on the landing. The water then eventually starts to reflow. She said it only happens on the said tap.

I dont think this is a faulty tap but think its an airlock but why if its an airlock would it onlyt affectv this tap?

If it is an airlock I know I cannot remove the air by using the cold to hot water connection method using a washing machine hose as it hasnt got a tank as its a combi boiler(Or would this still work).

If it wouldnt how to I resolve this as and remove the air without damage to the boiler.

The boiler is a Worcester Heatslave highflow .

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the repeat post which was kindly answered as being a faulty tap, however I received a phone call from my sister this morning to satte the clunking noise was happening whe the bath tap was alo used(Hot taps only). This concerns me as even when I change the tap it would still clunk with the bath tap.
I originally assumed it was a normal combi boiler and therefore could not have an airlock but I now realise it may have an internal tank to feed the hot water. With this in mind could it have an airlock and if so how do I remove it????. Could I use the cold to hot water linking method using the washing machine hose???

Please see below my original post

I recently changed the bathroom sink taps for my sister. They were cheap mixer taps from BQ. Not realising she had a combi boiler I simply turned off the cold water at the mains fitted the taps an on then hey presto when finished and the water was switched on no hot water flowed from the new tap. I removed the tap thinking it may be debris etc and after a while hot water appeared.

I thought all was well until I recently visited and she said that when she first puts the hot tap on in the morning the water starts to come out then stops causing a clunking noise by the boiler on the landing. The water then eventually starts to reflow. She said it only happens on the said tap.

I dont think this is a faulty tap but think its an airlock but why if its an airlock would it onlyt affectv this tap?

If it is an airlock I know I cannot remove the air by using the cold to hot water connection method using a washing machine hose as it hasnt got a tank as its a combi boiler(Or would this still work).

If it wouldnt how to I resolve this as and remove the air without damage to the boiler.

The boiler is a Worcester Heatslave highflow .

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back