Boiler paperwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I originally posted this in the building forum, but should have put it here.

3 years or so ago, I had an EcoTec fitted to an external wall of garage. It was installed by Valliant fitter and registered etc. I got a compliance certificate at the time.

Fast fwd to a few months ago and the boiler was removed whilst building work was carried out. I have now had it refitted in the same location by the same fitter. After he left, I realised I didnt have any paperwork for the building control officer about the boiler. I phoned the fitter up and he said because its the same boiler, in the same location - all be it on a new wall that has replaced the old one - the original compliance certificate is sufficient. Does that seem correct? He said he can't re-register the same boiler at the same address. So I suppose my question is..... what paperwork (if any) will I need to submit to the council in relation to the boiler in order to get completion. Would the original document be enough? If not, what do i need to ask the gas fitter to supply me with?

Sponsored Links
What does the building control officer say? Surely a quick call to him/her will answer your question.

I can see there might be a bureaucratic problem with gas safe reregistering the same boiler if the unique serial number has also to be given. But so long as there is no issue with the boiler being deemed outdated in some way, or technically second hand why should re installing it be a problem from a certification perspective? Gas safe may be able to help clarify if BC are not happy to accept the original certificate and a letter from the installer confirming the position.

Blup

Sponsored Links
original cert is perfectly ok but he is wrong in the same boiler cannot be registered again at same address it can be and costs less than 3 quid to do so

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back