Boiler Playing Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, just recently one evening the heating was on but I noticed I was still cold... so I feel the radiators and theyre all barely warm, hardly any heat at all. So anyway I think little of it - more out of hope it was a one off than anything else. The next morning I wake up and the radiators are fine and the house is warm, but before they were timed to go off I noticed it getting cold again so again I feel the radiators and again theyre getting cold when they should still be hot.

This evening its happening still, Ive noticed however that the boiler isnt working properly. The boiler (combi) comes on, you hear it kick in... but the flame (pilot?) doesnt come on straight away like it normally does. And then when it does come on its staying on for a few seconds.

SoI turned off the boiler for an hour and thenI tried lowering the thermostat thinking (after reading another thread in this forum) that the boiler is overheating. But again the boiler came on but without any flame.

Does anyone have any idea on what could be causing this problem?

Sponsored Links
It all sounds very vague what you seem to be describing.

We would have an ever so little bit clearer idea if you mentioned the make and model of your boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Its been nothing but a pain since we got it :(

Now its a case of sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, I cant rely on the timer anymore... I have to turn it on and off until it works.

Sometimes it stays on like it should, other times the light goes out after approx 20 seconds. I also noticed that there was a clunking/banging noise coming from the boiler when it went out.

- Anyone have any suggestions at all?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back