BOILER. please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello.
i have a glow worm 40-50 rf. the pilot light has gone off and will not
come on. it is an automatic system, when you turn the knob the fan is supposed to come on and then the pilot light ignites.

but the fan does not seem to work can this prevent the pilot light coming on?

plese help, thanks in advance
al

Sponsored Links
If the fan isnt coming on then the pilot light will not light as it has not proved it is safe to light , have you checked power supply and fuses etc???

the power supply is there, when i turn the knog i can see the little fan under the motor move slightly. there is only 1 1amp fuse which i can see in the control panel which in ok

Does the fan shaft turn freely when you rotate it with your finger ( with the power off ) ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
read another thread on here about using wd40 to free the fan, so did that and it is now sorted.

cheers guys.

read another thread on here about using wd40 to free the fan, so did that and it is now sorted.

cheers guys.

That was a very dangerous thing to do because WD40 is very flamable.

It was also flawed advice which a mad mod should have deleted!

Tony

Get a new fan asap, WD40 is not strictly a lubricant, more of an oil based cleaner. Your living on borrowed time. Spraying it anywhere near a boiler is not a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back