Boiler power remains on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks for listening in advance.
I have read as much info as possible about solutions to this problem but I can not suss it.
I have a HRM Wallmaster oil fired boiler and a reasonably new set up with two Honeywell 4043 2 way motorised valves a room stat a timer/controller and a frost stat. The boiler remains powered constantly regardless of the condition of the timer/controller. You can fire the burner by turning up the stat on the boiler at any time with no power to the timer controller. I have tried to isolate each 2 way 4043 valve by disconnecting the wire feeds with no effect.
With no two way valves wired to the system would the boiler still be live all the time? (amber light on and pump running)
All the heating/water works as advertised on command, the thermostats appear to respond correctly and I can isolate the room stat by killing power feed but boiler light still on!
I have checked a house system running the same epuipment and the boiler stays off untill CH or HW selected at the timer/controller and boiler light remains off.

Both two way valve spindles are free to rotate not stiff in anyway.(physically checked with control heads removed) Seems that with timer controller off HW valve is open where as the CH valve is shut.

Any ideas?

Thanks again in advnce for any info

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Testing a system involves using a meter to check the voltages at various parts of the circuit to identify where the problem lies.

I can only suggest that you find a competent engineer.

Tony

Testing a system involves using a meter to check the voltages at various parts of the circuit to identify where the problem lies.

I can only suggest that you find a competent engineer.

Tony

Is there no way of disconnecting and viewing results to determine which valve is faulty?

Remove the head off the MV's and then switch the heating/hot water on from you programmer or wherever you switch it on from and see if the motors move. Maybe check the frost and room stat to see if they are calling for heat when the shouldn't be.

Did it ever work properly?

Disconnect one terminal from the frost stat and see if this cures it. Often wired to the wrong terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back