Boiler pressure cold tap not working problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I went to top up my Logic S15 boiler earlier as the pressure gauge was at zero. I’d done this before so I knew to expect to hear rushing water through the pipes when i turned the valve, but I heard nothing. I unscrewed the filling loop because i thought that might be the issue, but the filling loop was clear and it was the tap that wasn’t letting any water through. By now, I’d already moved some of the other valves and couldn’t work out what they’d looked like before, so I couldnt return them to their open/closed positions. Any way I turn the one connected to the cold pipe doesn’t allow water out, though.

I read online that there might be a leak causing the pipe to not let cold water through, but all the other taps in the house are letting water out at their maximum pressures — like normal, basically. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m missing or an easy fix for all of this before I call someone to help. I’ve attached some pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/48U3TlP

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
The cold inlet isolation valve on some ideal boilers is a 3way ,off/cold water on / position for passing water to filling loop so would think yo have it in wrong position

It looks as though the flow and return valves (black handles) are closed? Also your gas isolation valve (yellow handle) looks closed.

The cold inlet isolation valve on some ideal boilers is a 3way ,off/cold water on / position for passing water to filling loop so would think yo have it in wrong position

Thank you, I’ll try to get it into a different position and see what happens

Sponsored Links
It looks as though the flow and return valves (black handles) are closed? Also your gas isolation valve (yellow handle) looks closed.

Thank you haha, I’ve turned them all in the opposite direction now

Sounds like the cold side might have failed, it has a double check valve inside, which may have failed, or the ball inside no longer turns. You can purchase new ones, and by the sounds of it, you sound capable enough to replace it.

Sounds like the cold side might have failed, it has a double check valve inside, which may have failed, or the ball inside no longer turns. You can purchase new ones, and by the sounds of it, you sound capable enough to replace it.
haha thank you, i will try and get that sorted ASAP:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back