Boiler pressure guage flicking

H

huddsspread

My boiler has recently started going mental. The radiators sounded like there was something in them ( metal ish ) and the boiler pressure guage, keeps flicking and jerking from 0 to 2 bar. As if its on a movie, and how they would show a faulty pressure gauge...The radiators are also hissing and when i turn the thermostats on them from 3 to 4 or what ever the hissing then stops. I have bled the rads and got a bit of air out, but its still doing it. The boiler still works fine but obviously something is wrong. Its not a combi and its make is IDEAL.

Any help would be appreciated, and im a plasterer so i have got some savvy, i can work/fix things.....

cheers again

Sponsored Links
When the system is off, how much pressure is showing on the gauge?? We had a similar problem in our old house, can't remember what we did?? Have you tried turning everything off and on again??

the pressure is normal, 1.5bar, but it dont happen all the time, she'll was cooking a while ago and said the boilers going mad...the guage is fine at the moment and the boilers on. now and then it just goes spastic. might try and film it and put it on...

Hmm. Sorry. No idea. Just sounded like a problem in our old system where we lived before. Can't remember exactly what the problem was, but I'm sure it was summat to do with air in the system. You'd be better speaking to one of the guys in the know on the forums, dude.

Sponsored Links
Sound like a pump problem or circulation fault as the boiler trys to heat the water pump maybe stalling then big heat hits and it starts up again.

that sounds right....it works but then as the burner fires ( i think ) it then goes mad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back