Boiler pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Volkera 24 combi boiler and I am constantly having low pressure problams. Via the forum I have estblished that the fault probably lies at the pressure vessel, checking the pv as in the FAQs is a bit vague,would it be simpler to isolate the flow and retrurn valves at the boiler and drain the boiler through the safety valve, check the pv then refill the boiler

Sponsored Links
You can do that, but sometimes the prv can let by and you will have to change that as well. unless the boiler has a drain point and you can drain it from there. and don't forget to leave the drain point open while using the pump to pressurize.

Hi the vessel should contain around 0.5 to 0.7 bar to check you must isolate the boiler from the system and depressureize, it i should check to see if water comes out of the shrieder valve if it does then it needs replacing
if not then you can pump it up to the req pressure then it may cure the problem other than that you may have a leak somewhere on the system

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back