Boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a new boiler fitted about a week ago. Everything was fine for the first night, but by the second night 2 radiators had gone cold. I bled the radiators and they both warmed up. In the morning the boiler had cut out as the pressure had dropped to 0.6 bar. I topped the boiler up to 1.5 bar but by morning the boiler had cut out at 0.6 bar again. I'm topping it up daily now. I've checked the radiator valves for leakes but can't find any and I'm guessing this kind of pressure drop would be quite a significant leak. Any ideas what it might be/what I could try?

Sponsored Links
You had it installed only a week ago. You shouln't have to try anything, get the installer back to sort it.

Thanks, i've got him coming out but he can't get here till Thursday. Just wondered if there is something I can do before he gets here?

Sponsored Links
if your loosing pressure either

you have a leak
expansion vessel is flat (do not DIY)
PRV is letting by (do not DIY)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back