Boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I got a baxi main 30 installed couple of months ago. Yesterday it had error E1 which indicates the pressure was low. So via the filling loop I repressurised system. All working again. My question is, is it normal for pressure to randomly down. Doesn't mean anything wrong with boiler??

Also guys (and girls) water seems to be taking longer to get hot upstairs. Have to leave it running for over a minute sometimes. Could this b coz of the low pressure on boiler. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are you bleeding radiators ??? That will decrease the pressure.

Also guys (and girls) water seems to be taking longer to get hot upstairs. Have to leave it running for over a minute sometimes. Could this b coz of the low pressure on boiler.

No. This is probably just down to the run of pipe from the boiler to your hot water outlets.

The pressure is for the boiler and heating system (not to be confused with mains water pressure)

Have you had to vent any radiators recently? that will give you a pressure drop. As for your hot water the pressure on the boiler has no bearing on that.

Thnx for reply guys. Radiators bleeding. No have not done tht. I was reading in the FAQ tht 0.5 bar pressure dropping In 6 month is abt right. So I'm assuming it's normal for pressure to drop over period of time. I was just concerned my boiler might b faulty.

Any idea why water takes longer to get hot upstairs. It didn't take tht long with my last boiler.

Sponsored Links
What was your last boiler (make/model)? Was it the same type, EG are they both combi boilers?

Old one was a rave heat 24kw, can't Rmbr exact model was probably abt 8-10 years old. And it was a combi boiler.

well, i dont think a 0.5bar drop over 6mths is normal, unless as stated, that the rads have been bleed. does your boiler have a hot water thermostat control on the boiler? does it take longer in the cold? if both old and new boilers were the same size, it should take roughly the same time, (as long as the new one has been installed correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back