Filling loop and Megaflow low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, had a leaking filling loop which I have replaced. Issue I have now is the pressure is low. We have heating downstairs but rads are not working at all upstairs. I have checked the screw on the filling loop Valve and repressurised the system but still not able to increase the pressure which I have done many times previously on the old filling loop.

Am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
Possibly. Show us pics of the filling loop and pressure gauge.
When bleeding upstairs rads do they give water out or not ?

Possibly. Show us pics of the filling loop and pressure gauge.
When bleeding upstairs rads do they give water out or not ?
Thanks, appreciate fast reply
Rads upstairs give out water, rad in loft con dont

Attachments

• IMG_6587.jpeg
    IMG_6587.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6585.jpeg
    IMG_6585.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6586.jpeg
    IMG_6586.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Did you only replace the braided flexible hose ,or the two valves at either end as well ? Your system obviously has a lot of water in it and some pressure showing on the gauge ,how did it get to that point ?

Did you only replace the braided flexible hose ,or the two valves at either end as well ? Your system obviously has a lot of water in it and some pressure showing on the gauge ,how did it get to that point ?
I left one valve at the water shut off point which appears to be working. Pressure has stayed at this level since changing the filling loop.

Can you post a better view of the pressure gauge if it is part of a PRV (pressure reducing valve), if there is a PRV, it can be adjusted, normally, there is a shut off valve (knob) directly underneath with a pressure adjusting screw on the top, maybe under a plastic cover.

Is it the valve with the slot for a screwdriver and a black lever,that you changed ?
If it is, is it connected to the cold water mains ? If so ,there should be an arrow embossed on the valve body to show direction of water flow. You may have fitted it incorrectly,it will only allow water to flow in one direction.

Can you post a better view of the pressure gauge if it is part of a PRV (pressure reducing valve), if there is a PRV, it can be adjusted, normally, there is a shut off valve (knob) directly underneath with a pressure adjusting screw on the top, maybe under a plastic cover.
Hope this helps
Is it the valve with the slot for a screwdriver and a black lever,that you changed ?
If it is, is it connected to the cold water mains ? If so ,there should be an arrow embossed on the valve body to show direction of water flow. You may have fitted it incorrectly,it will only allow water to flow in one direction.
yes that’s the one I changed I basically copied the old one when fitting. Could I have got this wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_6590.jpeg
    IMG_6590.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6589.jpeg
    IMG_6589.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 25
Yes ,you could. Check the body of the valve for an arrow,it should point away from the copper pipe it's connected to.

If you remove the Flexi hose from that valve and turn it on ,does water flow out from that valve ?
If it doesn't,it's faulty or you are wrong about the arrow
direction !

As above, also, there is no PRV on that system, is it fed from the mains or from a upstairs cistern?.

Also remove the plastic levers from the filling valves and check that the spindles are actually tiurning.

Last edited:
If you remove the Flexi hose from that valve and turn it on ,does water flow out from that valve ?
If it doesn't,it's faulty or you are wrong about the arrow
direction
Just removed and water flows out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back