Filling loop and Megaflow low pressure

Just to clear up any confusion, the NRV (which is part of the isol valve) just has a arrow on it, IF its installed next to the (closed) isol valve thats teed into that vertical (dirty) copper pipe below, and if this vertical copper pipe is part of the system then with both isol valves closed and if you remove the hose at any end and reopen the above isol valve then no water should come out. If it has a arrow, it should be pointing into the copper pipe.

1704647851319.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can you confirm that the valve you changed ( the longer of the two) is connected to the mains cold water pipe ? If it is ,the arrow should point away from the pipe it's connected to. If it's not connected to the mains cold water it's fitted the wrong way.

Can you confirm that the valve you changed ( the longer of the two) is connected to the mains cold water pipe ? If it is ,the arrow should point away from the pipe it's connected to. If it's not connected to the mains cold water it's fitted the wrong way.
Confirmed connected to the cold, what I will do is remove tomorrow and replace the NRV which I didn’t change noting the arrow direction on the current NRV as it’s tucked out of sight. Then remove and ensure the arrow on the longer valve is facing away from the pipe and in the same direction as the NRV.

Is the mains as shown below??, if so, the arrow should be pointing out from the copper pipe, if its NOT the mains then the arrow should be pointing in to the copper pipe and no water should come out as stated above in post #31.

Attachments

• Filling 07012024.png
    Filling 07012024.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
Just to clear up any confusion, the NRV (which is part of the isol valve) just has a arrow on it, IF its installed next to the (closed) isol valve thats teed into that vertical (dirty) copper pipe below, and if this vertical copper pipe is part of the system then with both isol valves closed and if you remove the hose at any end and reopen the above isol valve then no water should come out. If it has a arrow, it should be pointing into the copper pipe.

View attachment 328288
Thank you will revisit tomorrow and will update further

Is the mains as shown below??, if so, the arrow should be pointing out from the copper pipe, if its NOT the mains then the arrow should be pointing in to the copper pipe and no water should come out as stated above in post #31.
Yes this is the mains

That seems OK then in that if you open either isol valve (with the opposite end closed) then you will get a flow of water??. If it has a arrow, it should be pointing out (towards you) which I think you confirmed earlier.

That seems OK then in that if you open either isol valve (with the opposite end closed) then you will get a flow of water??. If it has an arrow, it should be pointing out (towards you) which I think you confirmed earlier.
That’s it, I basically looked at the old filling loop including arrow and simply switched over apart from the smaller valve.
I’m going to turn off the mains tomorrow and take it apart again replacing the smaller valve and see what happens. Otherwise I am stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back