Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal isar HE24 condensing combi boiler with a heating fault.
the hot water is fine- no problems. but when the heating is due to come on the 'c' appears in the window but the light just flashes, after a short time you can hear and feel the valve open and release the hot water that the domestic water as heated into the central heating line. There are no fault codes and the water pressure is set to 1 bar as stated in the book, and the room thermostat is working fine. Tried all the basic things power off reset, Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
I have an ideal isar HE24 condensing combi boiler with a Central heating fault.

The hot water is fine- no problems.

When the heating is due to come on the letter 'C' for “central heating” appears in the window but the light just flashes and fails to ignite the boiler to heat the water.

Now if the domestic water tap is turned on the letter “D” for Domestic appears in the window and the boiler ignites and heats the water NO PROBLEM running Hot water working properly.

When the water Tap is turned off the letter “C” for central heating replaces the letter “D” now calling for the boiler to ignite to heat the water for central heating mode. Now the HOT water which is left in the chamber from heating the domestic water is expelled into the central heating line because the letter “C” is calling for the boiler to ignite BUT fails to ignite which is my Problem.

There are no fault codes appearing in the window and the water pressure is set to 1 bar Cold as stated in the book and the room thermostat is working fine. Tried all the basic things power off reset, any suggestions.

Does it ACTUALLY try to ignite, or do you deduct it is trying to ignite?
It sounds more like a control failure than an ignition problem.

Sponsored Links
Just turned the power back on as I turned it of over night..... and the C appeared and the boiler ignited for a few seconds then shut of and D appeared and the boiler ignited for the domestic water which worked properly.

Initial burst on start up is normal. Eyesore has a permanent preheat that can not be disabled.

You can only see what the boiler is doing in ch mode after it has been on for a few minutes to satisfy the dhw preheat.

I am still not even clear exactly what is happening; your descriptions are not overly accurate.

What happens when ch is activated? NOT after the boiler has been off.

You said that the roomstat works fine, but I wonder how you know that if the ch does not work.

Just re check your post to me and see who as the attitude YOU OLD BOY

Matter done with on my part

I've just read through this post and Littlewood is right.
Why the attitude??
If you're going to give advice, do so. People come to this site for help, not to be patronised.

How have I got attitude? Bengasman is a a tried and trusted contributor to this forum,

The OP could not supply a few simple answers and suddenly, Bengasman is a fool :eek:

BTW I know what the fix is, but you an Kriss my donkey if I will tell you :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back