Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My local water authority turned the water off to the whole estate the other week. Since then it is hit and miss as to whether the boiler is going to deliver hot water. If the heating is turned on it delivers hot water all the time, but only warm when it is turned off.

The boiler is a Ravenheat RSF 84 E.

It was fitted in April 2002 and since then has had a new air pressure switch fitted in Sept 2003.

Any ideas guys.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The only relevance to the water board is if there is insuficient flow of hot water, caused by blockage with debris following whatever it was turned it off for.

Most boilers should heat water at flow rate as low as 2 litres a minute, I think you would have mentioned if water just dribbled out of the taps.

Therefore you are looking for another cause.

Such as faulty thermister diaphragm or diverter valve, unless it is equally underperforming on heating but you can't detect the change in which case you may well be looking at another aps fan almost anything

You probably need to get someone to come and have a loook :eek:

thermister diaphragm or diverter valve
Definitely something to focus on in the first instance.
Thermistors go often on these and often worth changing as a matter of course.
A DV is a very likely cause
If there happens to be a neat slit in the diaphragm or debris in that water section complain to the waterboard. I was told the following coincidentally on the Ravenheat training course:- A change in practice now means that they no longer flush the main after a burst which could have resulted in debris damaging the diaphragm. The implication that you have good pressure makes this more of a possibility

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back