boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help
I have a 2 year old Gloworm Micron 60FF boiler controlled by a Lifestyle
LP241 clock unit.For the last couple of days without using timer settings and just selecting hot water the boiler will only stop ,on for about 1 minute , it sometimes re lights automatically but then goes out again in about a minute .If I select water and heating Over ride together it stops on for slightly longer, say 2.5 minutes and will refire automatically every 4 minutes or so. What I have noticed is that there is a lot of water noise when it relights but this may be normal.
please have you proffessionals any ideas
Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the pump has failed.

If it really were only two years old then it should have been a condensing boiler!

Tony

Agile said:
If it really were only two years old then it should have been a condensing boiler!

Not if it was granted an exemption certificate :rolleyes: Although I would always refuse to give one.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks----Agile & Gas4you
I was wrong about 2 things boiler is 4 years old and on actually timing the boiler on heating and water setting it switches on and off about every 50-70 seconds. Thanks again for speedy assistance
Sorry previously put this as a new post not a reply.

Possibly fan/aps fault, or blockage in fan venturi then. Has it had a new pcb? These were notoriously faulty on the Microns.

Might be worth contacting Glow-Worm as they do a "fix-it-for-fixed-price" scheme. Last one I dealt with with these symptoms caused me a serious headache. In the end I relented and got G-W in. Their engineer changed almost everything in the boiler in 3 visits but in the end it turned out to be the fan (which, so far as I was concerned, was working OK)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back