boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all having trouble with 7 year old halstead combi boiler. keeps loosing presure have been told it needs new expansion vessell this will cost over £100 for part and is a 2 man job as boiler has to come off wall. would it be poss/ cheaper to fit an exernal vessell below the boiler. if this is poss can any make vessell be fitted as long as it is correct size. any help would be very welcome

Sponsored Links
its not a two man job.

Many sole traders would do the job on their own.

However, an employed engineer should not be lifting more than 25 kg and the boiler weighs about 44 kg !

If there is space then the easy solution would be to add an expansion vessel somewhere on the return pipe.

That can be a DIY job as no gas matters are involved.

Tony

thanx alot for the help sounds like the guy that came was giving me a load of flanel. i think because said boiler is in a cupboard and noone can see it i will try to get quote for extenal one to be fitted as the prices seem to be loads cheaper than halsteads, as for being diy job i don't think i would know where to start, but its helpful to know that plumber can do job and doesn't need corgi fitter. cheers for advice

Sponsored Links
Not all general plumbers would be very comfortable fitting an expansion as they would not know how and why they operate unless their background had involved much heating work.

But you dont need a CORGI although a CORGI would know all about it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back