boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all needing some advice. Boiler not working waiting on some part thats been ordered and is not in use at the minute. Just not sure if i should be switching the water supply off and draining the taps or not incase the pipes freeze and burst. Have been using 2 heaters to heat my house at the minute and have been using them for 20 mins twice a day as i havent been in the house too long the last couple of days, would this be enough to stop the pipes from freezing. Could live without water for the next 4 or 5 days but is this likely to cause more problems?? Appreciate any advice on this matter. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Better to be safe than sorry. I'd turn the water off and drain everything, tanks, heating etc. Burst pipe or split boiler is not a pleasant (or cheap) experience. Unless you are keeping heat in the property permanently at the minute I wouldnt risk it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back