Boiler probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Had a new boiler fitted 18 months ago. All of a sudden the shower is freezing- i turn off the shower a few times and then the hot water returns. last night i had to get out of the shower and reset the boiler. then it worked with hot water.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Identify if it is a shower only issue or all hot water outlets issue.
If it's the latter, then anything past switching power to the boiler off then on again, and checking it has gas and water supply is going to require an engineer to attend.
Make a warranty call to the fitters/manufacturers.
If it's the shower only, then you can tinker away!

Sponsored Links
Just thought it may have been a common problem. Seems Dilalio didn't have the same problem providing tips. Don't forgot Dan, not everyone is an expert....

Would you phone a garage and expect an answer to "I have a car problem"?

Don't you think it might be an idea to give a little more information than" it's 18 months old"?

Information like ......

combi boiler ?

stored hot water ?

make model of boiler/cylinder

shower make model

shower thermostatic

ect ect

Thanks Picasso. Combi boiler. Worcester boiler. Shower is old (was in when we moved in to house - Mixer shower).

If it is a boiler problem, you should still under Worcester warranty, so call them.

Or, if it is not a problem of boiler, you might be charged for their call out.

Honestly, there are posters asking for help, no- demanding in fact, rude too. No intention of saying please or a thank you. Funny old world where good manners is no longer a consideration

Me thinks there should be additional buttons such a uncourtious, lacking information, RTFM and a few more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back