Boiler probs

Sponsored Links
As I am an untrained plumber I can sometimes feel intimidated and anxious when brash professional men come into my home and thought it a good idea to ask on a forum first. I can only say that your replies have verified my thoughts and feelings that a lot of professionals look down on the untrained and can say that your comments are totally un called for a very rude. I am really really grateful for all the help that people have given me and thanked them after as I too believe that manners are very important and instil them in my children everyday. As I say I thanked those that have offered advice.

Again I am very grateful for any help and urge those being negative and rude to think that another real life person in need of help is on the other end of your abuse and negativity.

Thank you

Hi all,

Had a new boiler fitted 18 months ago. All of a sudden the shower is freezing- i turn off the shower a few times and then the hot water returns. last night i had to get out of the shower and reset the boiler. then it worked with hot water.

Any ideas?

Not a please in there - so much for manners.

Sponsored Links
With any issue like this the first thing I do is make sure the shower head isn't scaled restricting flow, then I unscrew the head and see if there's any difference. Next thing is to turn the cold water supply off under the boiler and make sure that after the initial draining no continuous flow comes out of the hot taps, this checks for passing mixer taps or showers.

If you decide the issue lies in the boiler, for example other taps are affected, then the boiler may be at fault.

Installers here will not thank me but my view is that you should call them first.

If the manufacturers come and find the fault is poor installation then they will be likely to make a charge for their visit. You will then have an argument with the installer because you will reasonably think the fault was of their making and they should pay.

So calling them first will enable them to come and check the cause of the problem first.

Tony

Is the boiler a BAXI by any chance?
(with acknowledgement to my colleague;))

The behaviour of some of the respondents on this thread has been disgraceful. Come on guys, just be good and helpful. That's all.

The behaviour of some of the respondents on this thread has been disgraceful. Come on guys, just be good and helpful. That's all.

Why is that. This is a discussion forum where pros who get paid to carry out a task, will offer help but will also be p155ed off if someone asking for help starts playing up. So do not expect the pros to be lenient:)

Have yet to see a post where total aid is not provided when poster is courteous and responsive in follow up questions

Saying 'do not look a gift horse in the mouth' comes to mind(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back