Boiler programmer clicking on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an Ideal Concord WRS boiler which is around 20 years old. It runs the central heating and also heats the water in the cylinder upstairs. The programmer which controls this is a Danfoss FP975.

The issue I have is that the programmer at random times when the central heating is on will just start clicking on and off as if it is trying to light the boiler despite it actually already been lite. It does not do this if you just have the boiler on to heat the cylinder, just when the central heating is on. Also I find that sometimes, not always, when it is running fine and not clicking, I will go to turn the kettle or microwave for example on which are located in different areas of the kitchen and then that triggers the programmer to start clicking again, once the ketttle is boiled the programmer stops clicking??

Very confused at moment as not sure if its a faulty programmer, boiler or something with the electrics in the kitchen.

Any help/advise given appreciated.

Thanks

Marcus

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back