Boiler Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im sorry but I dont have my boiler make model or details with me at the moment, but if i could ask a general question

Up until yesterday my boiler was working fine, when you put it on you would hear it spark (if thats the right word) twice and the odd expeption 3 times and then it would light, no probs, however last night it would be take about 10-15 clicks before it lights and this was all the time for the 3 hours i had it on.
the boiler was last serviced in feb, and its a standard gas boiler (not a combi)
This happens for hotwater, and/or CH

Should i be worried? i can prbs get further details when i go home in the next few days i was hoping if someone would have a general idea though.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
model would be helpful.
Using my mystical powers I'm gonna say a glowworm ultimate with a partially blocked pilot :D

Thanks for the reply

I cant get the information as im not at home for the next few days, however someone has mentioned that sometimes low gas pressure, can casue the boiler to take longer to light and this may be the casue as sometimes the gas pressure that is distributed to the home can drop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back