Boiler quote with only pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like the new way to give a boiler quote is by submitting images to the installer and he would then email a price.
So , a picture of the old boiler, outside wall with existing flue and airing cupboard, if appropriate.
Just wondered what the regulars thought about doing a quote this way?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it someone who lives quite far? Probably wanted to see if it’s worth their time without having to actually come round. I don’t blame as I usually get multiple quotes so that always means there’s a few who won’t get to do the work and if you multiple that by a lot of houses that’s a lot of wasted time.

Does the company start with a B ?
Check the small print...there are significant clauses to cover all the extras that won't be found with this method of quoting.

why not just get some quotes from recommended local installers, I for one would never quote via photos

Sponsored Links
Ok, those r all fair comments but has had good online reviews.........if that means anything.
Also the quote has said that I may need a condensate pump, I know what the condensate pipe is but under what circumstances would u need a pump
Thanks

I know what the condensate pipe is but under what circumstances would u need a pump

If there is no natural fall to a drain or the outside, e.g. it has to go "up and over". It may just be standard terms, a "just in case", if they are not visiting to quote.

Ok thanks, it will just go from the boiler down and connect to a soil pipe a couple of feet away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back