Boiler scrppage scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm investigating this and wondering if we could figure out exactly how much it would cost, using this scheme to have an A rated boiler installed.

I've seen some boilers online, briefly for around the 650 price.
How much would a 'standard' installation cost?

Nweb and others are offering to match the scheme 400 + 400. Assuming the above cost of the boiler at around 650, then it would appear - on the face of it that you might get a new boiler for almost nothing - depending on the cost of installation.

however, this is probably a niave approach since I could bet Nweb and others have a specific A rated boiler/s that are on the VERY expensive side.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Figures being quoted on the TV for a replacement boiler are £2,000 - £3,000. Depending on how much your existing system needs to be modified to accept the new boiler. Boilers are like cars, expect to pay a reasonable price for a decent one.

Get some quotes then you will know. Your existing system and gas supply etc., will have to be examined to give a price with any real meaning. "A" rated boilers are condensing and will need a condensate drain adding too.

Nweb and others are offering to match the scheme 400 + 400. Assuming the above cost of the boiler at around 650, then it would appear - on the face of it that you might get a new boiler for almost nothing - depending on the cost of installation.
Sounds good. As long as you buy the boiler, lol. Call a few guys in your area and ask them if will install it for £800 then refund you that back again. Thats what I'm doing in my street and everyone now loves me and is strangely being very friendly.

Sounds good. As long as you buy the boiler, lol. Call a few guys in your area and ask them if will install it for £800 then refund you that back again. Thats what I'm doing in my street and everyone now loves me and is strangely being very friendly.
Could you send me a cheque for the £800 you owe me as I've chosen you to install it, so I can buy the boiler? I'll be in touch again once the boiler arrives on site :rolleyes:

My address is POBox 138 Anonymous,.........

Sponsored Links
Could you send me a cheque for the £800 you owe me as I've chosen you to install it, so I can buy the boiler? I'll be in touch again once the boiler arrives on site

no can do. I can't travel all the way to ManchVegas install the boiler for nothing and pay my own travelling costs. Do you think im a charity or a business :cool:

Could you send me a cheque for the £800 you owe me as I've chosen you to install it, so I can buy the boiler? I'll be in touch again once the boiler arrives on site

no can do. I can't travel all the way to ManchVegas install the boiler for nothing and pay my own travelling costs. Do you think im a charity or a business :cool:
No worries, I'll pay your fees and hotel bill. Just send the cheque, or preferably, used and untraceable banknotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back