Boiler selection advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all - I'm part way through a re-build project and need a 40,000 btu boiler to run a megaflow type system with underfloor heating.

I was advised to look at a Worcester bosch greenstar 40 CDI system boiler, which on the face of it looks like it'll do the job.

My installer has recommended a Keston C40 boiler as an alternative that will allow us to use a redundant chimney for flueing.

After an hour surfing around researching the Keston option I haven't found much support for this option.

Any advice on selecting either of these boilers or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Main requirements are -wall mounted, up to 40,000 btu output, preference for vertical fluing, self ventilating to go into enclosure.

Many thanks

Spudnik

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't fit a worcester as long as I still have a hole in me arris :eek: :LOL:

Have a look at the ATAG, they do a plastic flue liner that is suitable for existing chimneys/flues.

But then so do Halstead :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Who has calculated 40 kW ?

A typical three bed semi needs about 10-12 kW.

Do you really have a 12 bedroom detached house?

In that case I might be inclined to suggest two smaller boilers with an intelligent control system as that will be more efficient.

If so then you will already know that your gas bill will be about £3000-£4000 per annum.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back