New Boiler Flued up a chimney

Wouldn't surpise me if 99% of Kestons flues are not installed correctly. My local merchant told me they sell no more than a couple of tins of cleaning fluid every year...that's a s**t load of solvent weld joints not being made to manufacturers insstructions.

Sponsored Links
As the joint is a weld(as per MI) not a mechanical fiiting Keston are happy for them to be installed in chimneys not serving other appliances.

Mechanical or push fit jointing is not allowed.

Cant think many people even bother using the right grade palstic when flueing these.

Corgi who can take everything away from us( for now at least) or a manufacturer. The product is out there, people are buying it, and it's advertised in a corgi magazine for corgi installers. As a RGI your goner go with it to get over some of the asthetic and flue sitting problems we face :confused:

As I try to make ARGI members realise, merely because something is advertised does not mean that its in any way endorsed by either CORGI or any manufacturer!

All it means is the company have paid money to advertise it!

You use it at your own risk!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Until recently Tracpipe was just an advertisment to most, with people saying cant use flexable pipes for gas. now look the books have been re-written everyone knows the name and most are now saying use Tracpipe.

Crimped fittings for gas were a no to some,upto 28mm for others now yet again things are bening re-written and you can go as big as you can get cos the manufacturers are guarenteeing their products.

So a flexiable liner, i'll wait for the time most are saying use this product having not too long in the past called others for suggesting that something might work and be suitable.

If the flue manufacture conforms with a BS which is the same as that required by a boiler manufacturer for thier flues then it'll be fine for the job.Bear in mind not all boilers come with a flue in the box there are firms out their that manufacturer and supply for your needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back