Boiler Selection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I just have a question about boilers that hopefully someone can clear up.

I thought all combi boilers can only run one hot tap at a time with limited pressure but a "tank in the attic system" obviously is gravity fed so you have more pressure. How wrong I was.
Can someone suggest a decent boiler where I wont see a drop in pressure in the shower should someone turn on a hot water tap downstairs. At the minute when someone puts the hot water tap on downstairs the shower is reduced to something that looks weaker than a drip!! I have a Worchester Combi 24i Junior at the minute. Was in the house when I moved in.
I would like to get a future proof boiler so I plan on having a main bathroom (shower on the bath taps), an en-suite (shower cubical) and 2 sinks downstairs. 1 in the kitchen and 1 in a utility room.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
measure your water flow and pressure. Without this information you won't get accurate advice

Sponsored Links
Is that a tank or cistern in the attic? Only kidding, tis an old joke.
Do you know the distance between the cold water reservoir :p in the attic and your hot water cylinder and the distance from the cold to the shower head?

Hi madrab

The one I have at the minute is a combi so no tanks in the attic.[/u]

Ah ok, as Denso mentions, give the flow and pressure figures and the boiler type.

For flow , take a bucket and time the water filling into the bucket for 60secs, measure how much water there is = Ltrs per min
For pressure you'll need a water pressure gauge, attach to a washing machine or outside tap outlet and turn on = static pressure (bar), turn on another cold tap = dynamic pressure (bar)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back