Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a property which I have to rent out. Currently it has a newly installed Valliant combi boiler. The upstairs and downstairs showers are fed of the boiler. I want to install a electric shower in the downstairs shower room instead of from the combi. I take it I will need a cold mains electric shower?

Will this allow me to have two taps open at the same time. Ie someone having a shower downstairs with the electric shower and then someone else using a kitchen cold water tap or upstairs bathroom tap. How important is the mains water pressure?

Cheers
Raji

Sponsored Links
Most Electric showers work off the mains.

I believe Mira Elite range work off low pressure (Integral Pump)
but are not cheap £500 plus.

You'll have to check your mains flow/pressure.
you want at least 1 bar dynamic 10 l/min flow.

You can use a pumped electric shower like the mira elite pumped but you'll need to install a water cistern to supply it.
You won't pay more than £300 for a mira elite pumped.

Sponsored Links
Unless you fit flow restrictors all round, the electric shower will almost certainly be adversely affected whenever a mains fed tap is turned on, hot (combi DHW is mains fed) or cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back