Run two electric showers off a combi boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have had a chat with a plumber who suspects that it will not be possible to run, concurrently, an electric shower downstairs and another electric shower upstairs because they both run off the mains pressure which will not be enough for two showers.

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch combi and the mains pipe into the house is 15mm.

Surely it must be possible to get two electric showers running off the mains ? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't be a problem since the flow to the two electric showers won't exceed 8 litres/minute. However you need to check that your electricity supply can handle the load. Also get yourself a decent plumber.

Electric showers don't run off the combi, they heat their water independently. But why don't you run one normal shower off the combi? It will give better flow rate and be cheaper to run.

chrishutt said:
But why don't you run one normal shower off the combi? It will give better flow rate and be cheaper to run.

Someone else mentioned this and I wouldn't say no, but I asked a plumber and he said you can't run a pump off the mains supply. Is this a fib ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, me thinks I am not dealing with a plumber who knows what he oughta :rolleyes: I'll get some more advice...

Ok, so, in the opinion of you learned people, the following setup should work okay ?

Worcester Bosch combi fed by a 15mm mains supply
Electric shower in upstairs bathroom
Mixer shower in downstairs bathroom

Yes :D

Put the mixer in the bathroom you shower in. You won't ever use the electric one after showering off the combi. ;)

how to get wet in an electric shower
jackson.gif

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bahco said:
Yes :D

Put the mixer in the bathroom you shower in. You won't ever use the electric one after showering off the combi. ;)

Sounds good :D What about having mixers upstairs and downstairs ? or would that "overload" the Worcester Bosch combi and end up with two dribbly showers ?

Ok - thanks. One more question I'm afraid :LOL:

If our washing machine is only hooked up to bring in cold (beacuse it heats the water itself), how badly would this affect the mixer shower ?

Thanks for all of your help and advice. :)

kevplumb said:
depends on the mains pressure and flowrate

...and a decent plumber will be able to verify these for me fairly quickly ?

Are there any figures that are ballpark as "good" ? Also, what should the figures be measured in, PSI or litres per minute or something else ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back