Boiler Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just had my boiler serviced and the engineer said that the boiler was in good condition for its age

But on the report he has put some issues on the report, but says not to worry as its fine. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It would help the gas boys if you mentioned the boiler make and model, also the issues that were reported.

Andy

Sorry,

its an old Worcester 24i

Piped in 15mm (correct gas pressure) pipe isn’t adequately supported/Flue has no bracket

there is about 2mtrs of 15mm from a 22mm pipe, and the flue is about 700mm long

(Also a previous engineer said the cable support clamp was missing)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Probably just recorded as not to current standards. Is the flue sand/cemented in? The 700mm, is this total length?

Probably just recorded as not to current standards. Is the flue sand/cemented in? The 700mm, is this total length?
Yes, cemented in 700 including the bit that sticks though the wall

Sorry,

its an old Worcester 24i

Piped in 15mm (correct gas pressure) pipe isn’t adequately supported/Flue has no bracket

there is about 2mtrs of 15mm from a 22mm pipe, and the flue is about 700mm long

(Also a previous engineer said the cable support clamp was missing)

We do not mention Not To Current Standard issues on warning notices anymore, but we are allowed to do so on invoices/job sheets etc. I always do, simply because the next guy may say "did the last guy not notice....", effectively undermining me. So, generally, nothing to worry about.

Is there a lot of white showing outside on the flue?

However. inadequate support of flues IS an issue and is classed as "At Risk", so he should have rectified or invoked our process.

It is mentioned as AR in 5.3 and 5.9 of the Unsafe Procedure:
Microsoft Word - IGEM-G-11 Ed 2 Gas industry unsafe situations procedure - FINAL FOR PRINTv3

We do not mention Not To Current Standard issues on warning notices anymore, but we are allowed to do so on invoices/job sheets etc. I always do, simply because the next guy may say "did the last guy not notice....", effectively undermining me. So, generally, nothing to worry about.

Is there a lot of white showing outside on the flue?

However. inadequate support of flues IS an issue and is classed as "At Risk", so he should have rectified or invoked our process.

It is mentioned as AR in 5.3 and 5.9 of the Unsafe Procedure:
Microsoft Word - IGEM-G-11 Ed 2 Gas industry unsafe situations procedure - FINAL FOR PRINTv3
He pretty much said exactly what you have put above, but he did say the flue was rock solid but he had to mention as it was not to current standards

I presume you mean white plastic outside? The flue is galvanised steel and there is very little showing

Nothing to worry about, lad is just covering his erse correctly, not a big deal

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back