Boiler servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still been quiet new to this house lark am wondering how often a combi boiler should be serviced,

We bought a repo 4 years ago and once we had finished house bashing and fixing it up. we refitted all radiators and pressurised central heating system and had boiler serviced before we used it and all was fine, that was about 2 years ago.

Couple of weeks ago we had a slight issue with boiler firing up for no reason 3 or 4 times after we went to bed but it stopped doing it after a couple of days so just put it down to abit of crap in system.

Yesterday i got a shower and when i got out the towel rail was red hot as was the rest of the CH system even though thermostat was set to 0.

From what i read it sounds like a faulty diverter valve thats sticking halfway between DHW and CH

Bollers a Halstead ace he30

Sponsored Links
A boiler should be checked once a year and is requirement of
rental properties. This doesn't involve much on a modern boiler
basically checking that all looks okay and combustion is okay.
Nowadays the yearly "service" is more safety related than
anything that needs doing to the boiler.
A boiler that appears to be working safety to the untrained eye
can be on the verge of killing you. Hence the service.

A service won't repairs the boiler. You need a boiler repair and yes
it sounds as if your diverter valve has a fault.

Best try and find somebody to come service it then as the bloke who serviced it last doesn't seem interested in coming to do it again.

From reading on here it appears there is a repair kit for diverter valve so i best get that ordered and fitted

Sponsored Links
Better to let the engineer come and see whats wrong first !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back