Condemned Boiler

I think that I have got it wrong!

I thought that the engineer only got his £30 when the customer signed up for a new BG boiler.

If he gets £10 for every time he says the customer needs a new boiler then its not surprising that they condemn so many boilers without giving the option to upgrade the ventilation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Wrong again Agile it has nothing to do with condeming boilers it is purely for puttting a lead in working or not

I would say that if their boiler has been condemmed then its likely to be a distressed purchase for a new boiler.

Tony

I think that I have got it wrong!

theres no think tony, you have got it wrong. :rolleyes:

I thought that the engineer only got his £30 when the customer signed up for a new BG boiler.

the engineers gets nothing if the customer buys a boiler.

If he gets £10 for every time he says the customer needs a new boiler then its not surprising that they condemn so many boilers without giving the option to upgrade the ventilation.

he doesnt get £10 for every time he "says" it. he gets £10 QDOS everytime he logs a customers interest in a new boiler.

I would say that if their boiler has been condemmed then its likely to be a distressed purchase for a new boiler.

not if they upgrade the vent it isnt. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It sounds mucho mucho mucho that the agilility of one person on this site is geting up someones nose! Take a chill pill man and have a reeeelax!!

agile said:

But few customers seem to be told by BG that they can "uncondemm" their boiler by merely upsizing the ventilation.

I have to admit that I am biased against those customers who dont want to upgrade their 20 y.o. boilers and if they have a newer car than mine outside I am unlikely to tell them as I advocate energy efficiency and the preservation of the planet as a first priority well above maintaining their savings levels.

Tony

agile said:

But few customers seem to be told by BG that they can "uncondemm" their boiler by merely upsizing the ventilation.

I have to admit that I am biased against those customers who dont want to upgrade their 20 y.o. boilers and if they have a newer car than mine outside I am unlikely to tell them as I advocate energy efficiency and the preservation of the planet as a first priority well above maintaining their savings levels.

Tony

show me the figures that prove that "few" BG customers are provided with an upgrade opportunity. i would venture that almost all BG customers with an open vent boiler have been asked if they want to upgrade. in my experience more than half refuse our offer and dont seek an offer from anyone else.

must be a lot of your customers you have a bias against then tony, dont you drive a carppy frontera? the point being i dont have a bias towards any boiler or customer wishing to keep it. i may not like that boiler but if they want to keep it then thats their choice. i ask, they accept or refuse an appointment and thats it. your "preservation of the planet" is misguided and naive. fossil fuels likely will run out, its just a case of when. if you really want to make a difference go find a mountain retreat and live like a hermit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back