updated regulations

Probably needs no more than a clip . And parts are more than available . They're so unreliable that Baxi make a fortune out of them. I doubt very much they'll stop milking that cow any time soon.

However , if your "friend " is A) daft enough to pay for such a contract , and B) not willing to get a second opinion , then tough luck really.

Sponsored Links
Now that rings a bell . My friend told me he said that! Doesn't sound ethical or oven legal.

And it is definitely a Suprima!
He has to say that as its true. Bg /sg are insurance based contracts and to not give the correct advice that some or any part which may be required over the term of the agreement is no longer manufactured and therefore possibly not available would bring regulators down hard on Bg and I can't imagine your friend being too impressed.
Flue clip is a retrospective Reg per Hse and should be enforced by all gas safe Reg engineers.
It sounds like it's all spot on except maybe the explanation.

Probably needs no more than a clip . And parts are more than available . They're so unreliable that Baxi make a fortune out of them. I doubt very much they'll stop milking that cow any time soon.

However , if your "friend " is A) daft enough to pay for such a contract , and B) not willing to get a second opinion , then tough luck really.

I think these posts have solved my puzzlement. A combination of the addition of a clip to the regs, and an engineer only too willing to make the obvious point that spare parts could theoretically become unavailable at some future time

I think you are a being a bit hard calling my friend daft. Obviously you and I know these service contracts are a rip off but why would she know? :)
And she has availed herself of a second opinion through this forum!!!

For which, thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back