Gas boiler flue - ground clearance

Thanks for the replies again, apart from the t*t who decided to vent his spleen at someone else - not helpful.

Keeping it where it is is a possibility but:
* The bathroom and kitchen are at the back of the house (the cellar is only under the front and not the back half) and the very long run from the cellar to the kitchen etc means you have to fill a full sink before the hot comes through.
* We'd need to build up the flue height so we'd have a boxed in section to make up the rest of the 300mm clearance, cutting footprint out of an already small livingroom.
* The only run for a condensate pipe would be up through the livingroom, the front bedroom and across the whole house, or diagonally up the underside of the stairs, making a hell of a mess pretty much everywhere. Missus none too keen! :rolleyes:

Hopefully UU will come up with great news about the pressure being too low in the area (a new block of flats was built adjacent and b*ggered the water pressure up for everyone), so no doubt I'll be back after that to ask for more advice. Thanks folks!

Sponsored Links
Loft installation is not any more difficult than anywhere else as such , but you will need a permenant loft ladder and lighting and it boarded out.

Technically scaffolding is needed to give safe access to the roof for the vertical flue! At a minimum a ladder and a roof ladder !

I was not ( officially ) working on Sunday afternoon. It was a garden party by a friend. However, he still got me to go and see why his Sime Unfriendly was letting by to the heating system. I only changed the diverter valve a year ago for him and now the manifold section is sticking just like the old one did. He should have taken my advice to have a new Viessmann boiler!

This friend had the "bi fold" door. ( Does everyone recognise this name for them ? ) I will have to remember to ask the flight non-attendant on Ryanair on Thursday if her ( £1 per visit ) toilet has a bi-fold door!

Tony

the first number is dust resistance which is irrelevent in a bathroom location.

Degrees of Protection - First Digit
The first digit of the IP code indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against access to hazardous parts (e.g., electrical conductors, moving parts) and the ingress of solid foreign objects.

IP6X being dust tight No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact

Moderator 6

Plese refrain from contravening rules 1 and 2 - the removed posts are neither helpful, interesting or related to the thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back