Rust around gas boiler flue joints

Leaking inner flue seal at the telescopic joint. Condensate then drips onto the steel outer flue and runs back to the boiler, leaking at every joint.
Yup, do agree and I've seen that before too but looking at pic 1, the water is leaking out of the joint, onto the top of the case and then along and seemingly under the turret, which is apparent from the staining and the rust at the screw hole in pic 2. In pic 2 the water can be seen where it has dripped down through the screw hole in the top of the case onto the top of the inner chamber. That screw hole is beneath the turret, so it looks like it's running under the turret. I'm not saying it is for definite, I'm just saying it should be checked sooner rather than later.

Will it be necessary to replace the whole flue?

Not sure, the flue will need to be disassembled and checked, it may be re-usable, not sure if you can get the seals separately tho.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back