Boiler "singing" ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Had a new Main combi boiler fitted back in feb last year and for the last couple of months the boiler emits a fairly high pitched note which can be heard throughout the house. This noise only seems to occur for the first ten/fifteen minutes of the boiler firing up.

I have added a boiler noise suppressor into the system along with the normal inhibitor but no success.

Can any one give me any ide what might be causing this and is it a problem that I should contact the manufacturer about?

Sponsored Links
Faulty diverter valve. You need a new cartridge, this is a well documented issue. Contact your installer or Baxi to obtain replacement

Sponsored Links
Hang on!

Feb last year means its still within the warrantee period so just request a warrantee visit.

Thats assuming Mr powell is correct as that description is also typical of a lime scaled main HE or even wrong gas settings.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back