Boiler Siting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

wondered if you can help please.

Swapping an old Ariston combi with Ideal Icos :oops: (not my choice). At present boiler is right next to cooker with high level grill sited 10mm away from boiler casing approx 100m from bottom. Customer wants this in same place :rolleyes: but I am concered with clearances (MI's give no help)
Could anyone give some advice please??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check clearances in cooker MI. There needs to be 150mm horizontally from side of h/l grille to a height of 610mm above top of grille.

If you are taking out a combi do you mean an Isar? Although I can think of no specific regulation to prevent this, I would not do it as I think it would be risky because of the heat from the cooker/grill and is just bad working practice.

Can you not fit in another position or get the cooker moved away?

One of the local cowboys around here fitted a boiler over a cooker, customer was frying chips and had chip pan fire, not much left of the boiler :eek:

God know how the whole thing didn't ignite the gas supply :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Marky said:
Hi all,

in same place :rolleyes: but I am concered with clearances (MI's give no help)
Could anyone give some advice please??

Thanks

MIs give no help :?: First I`ve heard, knock off boiler is it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back