boiler sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having to have an unvented cylinder made specifically to fit in my loft, it will be a 350litre twin coil. I asked them to tell me how much heat would be required for the coil (from the boiler) so I could add it into the boiler calc for sizing the boiler. They came back with its 17kw rated. What does this mean? Using the whole house boiler sizing method it comes to 18.5KW (my house is hard to do accurately though coz its not a box shape), so wanted to back it up with adding the rads etc together.

So I've also worked out the rad sizes + underfloor heating and added them up to make 10.9KW. I thought that the cylinder coil may need 5KW so was making a total of 16kw, not far off the 18.5KW. It just depends really on what they mean by 17kw rating for the cylinder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back