Boiler status C even when no heating called for

Trace the cables. If they go down look that way if they go up, go upstairs and look in a cupboard, probably near where the other thermostat is located. I think you're misunderstanding what @terryplumb is asking you. When the boiler is showing a C when it's not supposed to, do a set of radiators heat up too? If yes, which ones?

Sponsored Links
What is this cable for?

Attachments

• IMG_5362.jpeg~2.jpg
    IMG_5362.jpeg~2.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 20
When the boiler is showing a C when it's not supposed to, do a set of radiators heat up too? If yes, which ones?
Ah I see I understand the question now. No radiators heat up. They’re cold as I would expect/ hope. They only warm up when the thermostat clicks on either automatically or manually.

About that cable. It comes from the boiler isolation switch. And two grey cables come out the top and go into the ceiling. There is no way to access where those cables go…. It’s a small hole they both disappear into, I’ve attached a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_5366.jpeg
    IMG_5366.jpeg
    1,018.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5367.jpeg
    IMG_5367.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5364.jpeg
    IMG_5364.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Can’t see any valves at all, none here either. not sure now where else to look! Either way I think to change a valve which is stuck or motor broken will need a plumber I assume

Attachments

• IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Thanks
Sponsored Links
It might just need tracing. Fault is going to lie with either a failed valve or thermostat. Probably best getting a plumber/heating engineer in.

It might just need tracing. Fault is going to lie with either a failed valve or thermostat. Probably best getting a plumber/heating engineer in.
I took the batteries out of the thermostats and the boiler stays stuck on C so I assume failed valve where it is. I’ll get an engineer

Many thanks for both your help

• Thanks
I took the batteries out of the thermostats and the boiler stays stuck on C so I assume failed valve where it is. I’ll get an engineer

Many thanks for both your help
Battery removal wouldn't necessarily prove that, but yes get an engineer

Battery removal wouldn't necessarily prove that, but yes get an engineer
Thanks.

And because the manual is not clear;

If no demand for central heating from the thermostat when water and heating mode is selected on the dial, should I expect status 0 when the boiler is idling in this way? Instead of the permanent status c?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back