BOILER STOPS WORKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can some one help
I have a Glowworm 85/10 floor standing boiler linked to a gravity fed hot water and a pumped heating system.
The problem I have is that the boiler pilot keeps going out, I lite it, turn the heating on. Then say between 10 to about a few hours the rads will cool down, I check the boiler, Its stopped and upon checking the pilot it gone out.
I though that once the boiler was one the pilot would remain one because of the heat within, so why does it go off.
I have changed the temo-couple yesterday, but that hasn't helped.
could air or a lack of circulation in the pump be causing this.

P.S I do not have a problem with igniting my pilot it ignites fine and stays on it only when the boiler kicks it i believe the problem occurs.

Please help it freeeezing... :oops: :oops: :(

Sponsored Links
There are many reasons why a pilot light can still go out with a new thermocouple.

Gas supply problems, gas valve, pilot light itself and on some models an overheat stat !

All these should be investigated by a competent boiler engineer who would normally be CORGI registered.

Tony

Moved in month ago boiler was fitted, it has a sticker claiming sum boiler additive was added in may 2005 other than this don't know.
Would a service solve this?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back